Travel to Rio de Janeiro, Iguassu Falls and the Amazon – Experience Brazil with this 8 Nights Personalized Vacation Package with Private Tours and Transfers
Brazil Vacation Package – Rio de Janeiro, Iguassu Falls and Amazon (8 Nights)
With this package you will visit some of Brazil’s top 3 most sought after destinations –Rio de Janeiro; Iguassu Falls and the Amazon.
Rio de Janeiro is a fantastic city of amazing natural beauty and where lively Cariocas live in a combination of work and relaxation, meeting at the end of the day on the city’s stunning beaches to watch some live music, exercise or jung hag around. Rio´s granite mountains surrounded by green forrests and deep blue waters make it one of the most beaufitul cities in the world.
What amazes us about the Iguassu Falls is their sheer size, over 3km (1.9 miles) wide and 80m (263 ft) high, their beauty is unsurpassed.
The misterious Amazon gives you another perspective of life. Everything lives in the forrest and the river. When you see the Amazon, you understand that we are just a tiny grain in the world and that the planet knows how to survive. It is an amazing feeling to take a small canoe into the river and see some of this incredible wildlife. We have chosen Jungle Lodges that offer walking trails, bird watching tours, boat tours, jungle night treks and survival tours.
This package offers privately guided city tours as well as nature tours to some of the most amazing sites in Brazil, whilst staying at very comfortable and relaxing accommodation in lodges, hotels and pousadas.
- All transfers and tours in private air-conditioned vehicles with your private English-speaking guide. Due to the nature of some tours vehicles might not be air conditioned.
- Easy. All ages are welcome. The walking tours to see the falls require climbing up and down steps to get a good view of the falls. Tropical weather and direct sunlight demands sun protection and plenty of fluids.
- Any group size.
- Your private English-speaking guides will help you better understand and enjoy your Brazilian experience.
Custom Amazon Travel Packages Itineraries
This is a Sample Vacation Package that we have created for customers in the past.
Contact us for a Custom Package created just for you.
Day 1 – Rio de Janeiro City
At arrival in Rio de Janeiro airport, a private English speaking driver will take you to your hotel, where you will check in. If you are hungry, we can suggest a number of lcoal restaurants. We su…You will arrive in Rio de Janeiro and be met at the airport by a private driver who will take you to your hotel. After checking in, you may want to relax and have some lunch. We suggest lunch at Porcao, a Brazilian barbecue buffet restaurant. In the afternoon you might like to explore around Copacabana and visit the famous beaches near your hotel.
Day 2 – Rio de Janeiro City
After breakfast, we will go on a city tour by Land Rover to seee some of the best highlights of Rio de Janeiro. We will drive along the scenic route of Castorina road toward the Corvocado (Christ statue). We will then stop by to see the Mesa do Emperador (the Emperors Table) and Vista Chinesa (Chinese lookout point), before we enter the Tujica National Park. We will be able to see the importanty sites of the park including the Tauney waterfall, the Mayrink chapel, and see the beautiful flora and fauna as well as exotic Atlantic wildlife.
We will then drive to the top of the mountain in the direction toward the Corvocado, and see amazing 360 degree panoramic views of Rio de Janeiro. Next, we will stop by the neighborhood of Santa Teresa, a historical district in Rio where many artisans live and work. We will have lunch in one of the many local restaurants and experience some excellent Brazilian cuisine. After lunch, we will visit the Chacara do Ceu Museum and see views of Guanabara bay and the incredible landscape. We will end the tour at Sugar Loaf where we will watch the magnificent sunset over the bay and city. We also suggest dinner at Da Brambini (Italian Seafood) at Praia do Leme.
Day 3 – Rio de Janeiro City
Explore Rio de Janeiro at your leisure.
If you happen to be in Rio on a Sunday, the hippie fair (open-air handcrafts market) at General Osório in Ipanema is worth a visit.
There is an evening dinner show (Samba show and dinner) available, if you are interested, which is not included in the above package. Please let us know if you would like us to book this for you.
Day 4 – Iguassu Falls
On your final day in Rio, you must check out of your hotel around 10:30 a.m. and say goodbye to this marvelous city,’ then be driven in a private, air-conditioned vehicle to the airport to catch a flight to Foz do Iguassu. At the airport in Iguassu you will be met and driven to your hotel, where you will check in. We suggest dinner at the Restaurant Clube Maringá – their specialty is fresh water fish from the region.
Day 5 – Iguazu Falls
Your second day at the falls will comprise a full-day tour of both sides of the falls. First, you will be taken on a 3-hour tour of the Brazilian side of the falls by a private English-speaking guide. You will follow a trail inside the sub-tropical forest, which includes a visit to the bottom of Salto Floriano (Floriano Falls). During the walk, there is an impressive view of the Devil’s Throat from a bridge. At the end of your tour an elevator will take you up to the top of the falls.
After your tour of the Brazilian side, there will be a break for lunch. Lunch is included in your package and you can choose from the following list: Bufalo Branco Churrascaria or Churrascaria Rafain (grilled meats with a mixed salads buffet), MaringÃ¡ (good variety of seafood and sushi), La Mamma Galeteria (Italian food), Porto Canoas (grilled meats, pasta dishes, and salads).
Then on to see the Argentinian side of the Iguassu Falls (4-hour tour). You will be taken across the border into Argentina by private vehicle, into the Parque National del Iguazu, 40 km away from the Brazilian border. Once in Argentina, you will go on a walking tour of the falls. The views are magnificent, especially the one right on top of the Devil’s Throat, which is reached by a little boat taking you through breathtaking scenery. Throughout the day you will see numerous rainbows, hundreds of beautiful butterflies, lots of friendly little South American coatis, and dozens of exotic birds. (The entire tour takes about 8 hours).
Day 6 – Iguazu Falls
After breakfast on the last day of your trip you will be taken on a tour traveling the Macuco Trail in a rustic, open wagon, which allows you a view of the luxurious jungle in all its splendor. Our guides will explain some of the stories, marvels and mysteries of the sub-tropical forest surrounded by orchids, bromeliads, and thousands of butterflies. You will take a walk down the Iguassu Canyon Trail, visiting the picturesque Macuco Falls and enter the Brazilian jungle on foot to have more close contact with nature.
Finally, you will ride the rapids of the Iguassu Canyon in secure open boats (mild Rapid). This 3-hour tour gives you a unique and different view of the Iguassu Falls. Before checking out of your hotel, you may want to have one final look at the magnificent falls, before be driven in a private, air-conditioned vehicle to the airport.
From Foz do Iguassu, you will fly to the Manaus airport, where you will be met by a representative of the Anavilhanas Jungle Lodge and taken to the lodge. After checking in at the lodge, you will have dinner and be taken on a reconnaissance tour through main infrastructure lodge followed with one hour jungle night trek.
Day 7 – Manaus
Today’s tour after breakfast is a jungle trek with emphasis on the Amazon’s ecosystem by showing the diversity of trees and plants. After lunch you will depart to one of survival camps where the night will be spent and from where a nocturnal trek is organized.
Day 8 – Manaus
After a delicious breakfast you will be taken on a full day Amazon River trip. A bus will takes you to southern extreme of lodge (40 minutes) where you will board a canoe and visit the highlights that this region has to offer. Giant waterlilies, dolphin spotting for the gray and pink dolphins, bird watching, piranha and catfish fishing, completed with alligator spotting in the early evening. Lunch is served in the floating observation station of the lodge “The Observer” You will return to the lodge around 8.30 p.m.
Day 9 – Manaus
After breakfast, you will be taken to Manaus for a visit to “Meeting of the Waters”, followed with a short outside visit to Teatro Amazonas before return to airport.
Rio de Janeiro Hotel Options
- 5 star – Belmond Copacabana Palace Hotel
- 5 star – Hotel Fasano Rio de Janeiro
- 5 star – Hotel Santa Teresa Rio MGallery by Sofitel
- 4 star – Porto Bay International
- 4 star – Arena Copacabana
- 4 star – Caesar Park Hotel
- 4 star – Sheraton Hotel
- 3 star – Augusto’s Copacabana Hotel
- 3 star – Acapulco Copacabana Hotel
- 3 star – Windsor Asturias Hotel
Iguassu Falls Hotel Options
- 5 star – Belmond Hotel das Cataratas Luxury Hotel
- 5 star – Mabu Termas Hotel and Resort
- 4 star – Sheraton Iguazu Hotel and Spa
- 4 star – Rafain Palace Hotel and Convention Center
- 4 star – Bourbon Cataratas Convention and Spa Resort
Amazon Jungle Lodge Options
- 5 star – There are no 5 Star Jungle Lodge Options in the Brazilian Amazon
- 4 star – Anavilhanas Jungle Lodge
- 3 star – Tariri Jungle Lodge
- 3 star – Uakari Jungle Lodge
- 3 star – Juma Amazon Jungle Lodge
Rio de Janeiro Tour Options
- Corcovado (the Christ statue) and Tijuca Forest Jeep Half Day Tour, including Cosme Velho Station, Vista Chinesa (Chinese Lookout point) and Mesa do Imperador (the Emperor’s Table) with stops at the São Sebastião cathedral and Maracanã Stadium
- Sunset at the Pao de Acucar (Sugar Loaf Mountain)
- Day tour of the Pao de Acucar (Sugar Loaf Mountain)
- Hot Spots Tour including Santa Teresa and Chacara do Céu Museum
- Day tour of Rio beaches
- Sugarloaf Tour with panoramic view of Copacabana, Ipanema, and stops for photos
- Half Day Tour of Guanabara Bay in a fishing boat – begins at the Marina da Glooria with stops at Flamengo and Boa Viagem beaches, Contemporary Art Museum and Cobra Island
- Day tour of Arraial do Cabo and Prainha Beach
- 4 Wonders Tour of Rio with lunch – Sugar Loaf, Christ Statue, Botanical Gardens and Tijuca Forest including Cosme Velho station, São Sebastião cathedral and Maracanã Stadium
- Full Day Tour Angra dos Reis and Ilha Grande with Buffet Lunch, fishing boat tour, swimming in the Blue Lagoon, Santana Church and Ponta da Piedade beach
- Imperial Tour of Petrópolis – Serra dos Órgãos National Park, Imperial Museum, São Pedro de Alcântara cathedral, Santos Dumont museum and walk through Tereza street
- Buzios Day Tour with Lunch – fishing boat tour with stops at João Fernandes, Ilha Feira and Tartaruga beaches and walk through the famous Pedras Street
Iguassu Falls Tour Options
- Half day Macuco Safari Boat tour under the falls
- Rafting tour below the falls
- Full day Tour of the Brazilian side of Iguassu Falls, lunch, and of the falls
- from the Argentinian side
- Bird Park Tour
- Half day Tour of the falls from the Brazilian side
- Half day Tour of the falls from the Argentinian side
- Visit to Itaipu Hydro-electric Power Plant
Amazon Jungle Lodge Tour Options
(tours may vary according to your lodge and season)
- Upon arrival your guide will explain all the many tour options offered at your Jungle Lodge
- Jungle night trek looking for giant spiders and fluorescent fungus
- Jungle treks to see flora and fauna with demonstrations of survival techniques
- Full day Forest Trip with emphasis on wildlife
- Full Day Amazon River Trip to view the meeting of the waters – Amazon River and the Rio Negro
- Fishing trip & Pink Dolphin sighting, bird watching and alligator spotting
- Walking trails through the flooded forest (during the rainy season – boat trips)
- Native Indian Harpoon fishing techniques
- Trip to Igapos (flooded jungle) and Igarapes (streams) in motorized canoe for fishing and to see a variety of wildlife
- Paddling trips in dugout canoes to see birdlife and fauna
- Trip to visit a local river in a Caboclo village
- Visit to local Research Institute
- Jungle night trek looking for nocturnal animals and insects
- Canoeing the Rio Negro riverbanks
- Nocturnal sightseeing at Anavilhanas Archipelago
- Tour on Anavilhanas Archipelago
- Hiking the mainland jungle
- Recreational Piranha Fishing
- Sunrise contemplation
- Camping overnight in the jungle to experience the Amazon by night
- Fishing and survival trips, such as learning how to make your own blow gun